At Smith Print we use both digital & offset presses so we can offer you the best of both technologies. This also gives us the option of printing some of your job on the offset press & the rest on the digital press.
A lot of other printers only use digital printing so they’ll end up digitally printing your job when it really should have been done on an offset press.
FUJI XEROX 800
For our digital work we use a Fuji Xerox 800. The 800 can print B&W or colour, single or double-sided, on card up to 350gsm in one pass. The Xerox 800/1000 has been one of Xerox’s most popular digital presses & set the digital printing standard for many years. The press gives excellent colour reproduction.
The digital is best suited to small runs or where a quick turnover is needed.
- Shorter turnaround, no drying time required. Once printed it can trimmed/finished straight away.
- Best for a glossy finish, which is great for photos.
- Every print is the same. More accurate counts, less waste and fewer variations.
- Cheaper low volume printing. While the unit cost may be higher than with offset printing, setup cost is lower.
- Flexible use of files – any last minute changes or corrections doesn’t mean remaking plates and holding up the process.
- Variable Data printing for individualised invitations, tickets, envelopes, letters and much more.
We choose the Heidelberg Speedmaster for our offset printing because it is synonymous with quality printing. The SM52 was introduced in 1995 and is still in production in thousands of printing companies around the world.
Using ink and plates, offset printing produces high quality text and graphics that digital is still to beat.
- High image quality.
- Using Pantone spot colours, offset printing can produce brighter, more vibrant colours as well as specialty inks like opaque white and metallic colours including gold.
- Works on a wide range of stocks, like textured card to extremely light grease paper.
- The unit cost goes down as the quantity goes up.
- Quality and cost-effectiveness in high volume jobs. While today’s digital presses are close to the cost/benefit ratio of offset for high quality work, they are not yet able to compete with the volume an offset press can produce.
Our finishing department is lead by the ‘old girls’ in our factory – The Heidelberg cylinder & platen. Don’t be fooled by their age – the quality of their work now is as good as the day they came off the factory line.
Over the years we have built up a vast range of finishing equipment so there isn’t a lot we can’t do. We are also great at thinking outside the square so if someone asks us to do something ‘curly’ there’s a good chance we’ll find a solution.
OF THE THINGS
WE CAN DO:
- Saddle Stitching
- Perfect Binding
- Wire Binding
- Die Cutting
- Kiss Cutting
- Round Cornering
- Heat Raising
- Fan-apart Padding